Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: IED grouses

From: Dongerous! <fastslow@idt.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 19:39:43 -0800
Subject: Re: IED grouses
To: IEDSRI@aol.com
Cc: love-hounds@gryphon.com

At 4:35 PM -0800 6-11-97, IEDSRI@aol.com wrote:
>Ah, a Kate Bush special-issue CD.  At last, EMI have taken the opportunity
>to release Hounds of Love with all the relevant b-sides attached!
>
>What's that?  Oh.  Well, all except "Not This Time," anyway.
>
>Eh?  You say "Cloudbusting - The Organon Mix" is missing?  Hmm. . .
>
>"RUTH -Instrumental" isn't there, either?
>
>Well, they put "Alternative Hounds" on, didn't they?  They didn't?
>
>And then there's the video mix of "Cloudbusting" -- that's not there either?
>

>What do you want to bet the mix of "Be Kind to My Mistakes" is the shorter,
>later
>one, from ca. 1989?  (Of course the song doesn't properly belong with HoL,
>anyway.)

As I posted before, I saw this one coming a mile away. They mistreated
Morrissey's "Viva Hate" is the same outrageous way. Is there some sort of
"stupid hat" you're required to wear when you put together these Centennial
Series CDs? This was a total NO-BRAINER, and, true to form, it was done by
someone with no brain. I'd love to know what KB thought of it when she saw
the track listing on HER album? "Some people think that knowledge is ho ho
ho."

>Good ol' EMI -- they're almost kind of sweet, you know?  Almost.

No, they're closer to crazed zealots that deface masterpieces. I think it's
time to try Experiment IV on them. They obvious care not on whit about
music.

>IED looks forward to the one certain treat on the new release, at least:
> Peter's article, which would be worth the price even with no CD at all.

We'll see. "Viva Hate" didn't even come with the lyrics that accompanied
the original. Of course, they know that everyone bying the reissue already
has the original. Just another way to sell us the same songs over and over
and over again.

- Don