Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Anniversary HOL

From: nth-wave@easynet.co.uk (Dave Watkins)
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 00:17:59 -0300
Subject: Re: Anniversary HOL
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

>Bought my copy of the anniversary HOL last night at Towers Records in
>Piccadilly Circus, ?17.99.  It comes in a lovely hard slipcase with just
>the picture of Kate and the hounds on the front and the extended track
>listing on the back.
>
>The HOL booklet looks lovely, lots of nice pics and all, with Peter's
>commentary and the other album information inside.  The EMI booklet is
>.. nothing special!
>
>Unless it's a new album from Kate, I think I'll always be dissatisfied
>at the content on specials like these - you know, wishing for rare
>tracks, rare info, something a bit personal from Kate added in, etc -
>but it does look lovely and I'm glad they've made it a bit special  -
>for Kate's sake and that of her fans.

Bought my copy to.  Very interesting.  There's me thinking that the 28 page
booklet would be devoted to Kate and there's only a tiny paragraph which is
Kate related.

Still, the inlay card was nicely redesigned.  And the photos were amazing.
The first in particular and the one of her in the chair.  could these be
hints of the next album?

nice CD - altogether, clearer, easier to hear the voices in Waking the
Witch, however:-

(1) I don't know whether it is just me but I feel that RUTH and HoL have
somehow been slowed down.  Maybe this is just becuase the bass is heavier,
i dunno

(2)  "Wake up!" now ends on Track 7 (under ice)

and

(3)  Sin of Sins!!!!   they have placed the "space talk" (usually found at
the beginning of "Hello Earth" (Track 11) at the end of "Jig of Life"
(Track 10) so whenever I want to listen to Hello Earth alone, it sounds
completely different without the "space talk". Why did they do this?  Oh
why?

Dave