Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: love-hounds-digest Digest V13 #128

From: Ian Gledhill <Ian_Gledhill@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 17:33:31 -0400
Subject: RE: love-hounds-digest Digest V13 #128
To: "'INTERNET:love-hounds@gryphon.com'" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

----------
From:   INTERNET:love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sent:   03 June 1997 01:30
To:     INTERNET:love-hounds-digest@gryphon.com
Subject:        love-hounds-digest Digest V13 #128

Sender: love-hounds-digest-request@gryphon.com
From: <love-hounds-digest-request@gryphon.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 17:31:22 -0700 (PDT)
To: love-hounds-digest@gryphon.com

>Hey.....I happen to like the Spice Girls.  They are intelligent, witty,
>great singer/songwriters and......oh sod it...they're slappers...

Some of my best friends are slappers and I am saddend to think they any of
them have fallen so far in to the chasm as to be able to see the Spice
Girls in the far distance below let alone be on a par with them

>What, praytell, are those profoundly disturbing matters exactly ?  That
>The Spice Girls could merit a # 1 song ?  Call me unconventional, but I
>can appreciate a good "act", as there is still creativity behind the
scenes.

So, the Spice Girls have achieved several consecutive number ones on merit?
God, it is a deeply sad day for humaity when civilisation looks at the
Spice Girls and says 'these girls are good and well deservest of every
accolade yet devised by man'. I think that, in the case of the spice
girlies, creativity is not just behind the scenes but has packed its cases
and disappered to another country for an extended vacation. Incidently, now
that vacuouse-tart spice, sorry that should be baby spice, has fallen off
her platform shoes and broken an ankle, can we not hope that the spice
girls attempt to start a fashion of wearing platform collars?

In way of a pre-emptive response to any sad lonely individuals that may be
offended by any of the above remarks, which I admit may appear a trifle
ungenerous (particularly to slappers) can I just add that Lousie knocks the
spots of any of the spice girls! ;-)

regards

Ian.