Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TLTC&TC, the 9th Wave, HOL, Cohesive albums

From: <gearnoise@VNET.IBM.COM>
Date: 9 Jun 1997 10:45:16 EDT
Subject: TLTC&TC, the 9th Wave, HOL, Cohesive albums
To: <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

After reading some disparagements on these subjects, I have to share my
own views:

TLTC&TC - The first time I watched this vid I was with some KB non-fans
(i.e., wife and kids); They ridiculed it and I felt embarrassed.  Some
months later I built up the courage to give it another go, and decided
it really wasn't so bad.  By the third viewing I loved it (although I
would never propose it should receive any sort of award).  Then when
my KB-fan brother came into town, I put it on and he sat there entranced
(while wives and kids were told to behave).

The 9th Wave - Is what cemented my love of Kate's work. This may sound
like an odd question but I was wondering, those of you who don't like
it, what types of classical music do/don't you like? Composers?

HOL - Sorry, but side 1 always sounds to me like a "Singles Collection",
really good, but no connection.  That's why I prefer to think of the
9th Wave as a separate album.

Cohesive Albums - (discounting the device above of considering 9th Wave
to be an album in its own right) To me the album that seems to work
best as an overall connected album is NFE.  Yeah, I would prefer that
it didn't contain Violin, but into each life a little rain...  TSW would
probably rank high in that regard, but the overall "sound" of TSW has
always been a problem for me, so I end up chopping it up into a few
singles.  As I've mentioned before, the Trio BlowGarlica (sp) and I are
not compatible.

Neal Mulvenna   IBM Global Services, CLT, NC           __/__/T_ -- -
internet: gearnoise@vnet.ibm.com                      / /\ </\ \ --
CLT (704) 594-3546 Tuscaloosa (205) 507-3553..........\__/..\__/.......