Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

HoL & T9W

From: Bryan Dongray <btd@cray.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 23:29:17 -0500
Subject: HoL & T9W
To: Love-Hounds@gryphon.com

Sorry, but I like HoL *and* T9W.

I probably prefer HoL out of the two, but I really love
the intensity and almost "Psycho" sound of "Under Ice".
The hauntingness of "Watching Me Without You" - shivers down spine, etc.
The "space"-iness and freedom/open-space-ness of "Hello Earth".
That track probably has my most favourite line(s):
	With just one hand held up high
	I can blot you out,
	Out of sight
	Peek-a-boo, Peek-a-boo, little Earth.
I even thought of this line when watching the movie Apollo 13
when Tom Hanks does this just coming out from the dark side of moon.

The first time I got the album I did notice that HoL had a
preoccupation with the word "run", and T9W has its preoccupation
with "water", but I understand why.

			Bryan Dongray

PS My favourite videos are Experiment IV and Cloudbusting,
probably because they tell a visual story. I like that sort
of thing. Rather than here is the singer/band singing the
song somewhere, it's even worse when they're in a studio
or on stage/tour, that's not a video (IMO).