Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New sites for sore eyes

From: Steve Berlin <stev0@zuni.likeminds.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 10:15:16 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: New sites for sore eyes
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

After Gaffaweb (http://www.gryphon.com/gaffa) came around, I pretty
much lost interest in hunting down new Kate sites.  Still, other
folks insist on making their own Kate sites, so here they are for
those keeping score at home.

Note:  Most of them I found here:
http://www.ifi.uio.no/~jonl/Kate/links.html

about the most complete set of Kate links I've seen.

Anyway, here are the new sites:

Kate Bush Lyrics
http://home.cray.com/~btd/kate-bush/

Actually an old site, but when I first saw it, it was in Beta.
It's all done now, and it's GREAT!  You can search for any
word in all the Kate songs, and make some neat Katemas party
games with it (What Kate two songs has the word "Love" in them
the most times?  No peeking!)

Also some midis which are really fun to play with if you've got
a midi editor and a twisted mind.

Rating: 5 stars (out of five)
===
Rick's Kate Bush Page

http://www.swizzle.com/katebush.htm

All that's here is a link to gaffaweb and a picture of the Lovehounds
from the 1991 convention.  Now you can see what the oldtimers look like!

Rating: 2.5 stars (one for each picture, one half star for linking to
Gaffaweb)
===
The Kate Gallery

http://www.dragonfire.demon.co.uk/index.html

Nice screen shots from Kate videos.  Bonus points for letting users
choose between "no Frames" format and "horrid" format.

Rating: 3.5 stars
===
Kate Bush Sounds

http://systems1.dispatch.com/KT/

Sounds in aiff format, but easily convertable to au, wav, or whatever
your system uses.  A must-see page for anyone interested in making a
Windows '95 Kate Bush theme (hint hint).

Rating: 3 stars

===
David Hellinga's Kate Page

http://www.uoguelph.ca/~dhelling/kate.html

Your generic Kate page.

Rating: 2 stars

===
Huilbert Krabbendam's Kate Page

http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/4563/

There seems to be a law stating no Geocities pages can
have original content, and Huilbert does not disappoint
us.  To make a bad thing even worse, he uses (ugh!) Frames.
Fortunately, he has an option for those using Frame-free browsers
to see the page in a proper format).  Unfortunately, he doesn't
provide a link for those with Frame-encumbered browers.  Fortunately,
I'll give you that URL here:
http://home.worldonline.nl/~trebu/

Rating:  Page w/frames - minus 10 stars
without Frames - one star
===

- Stev0 the vortex

"This page is under construction"
  - A sentence I can never get tired of seeing