Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Help me!!! ..please.......... :)

From: "mr.pk" <mr.pk@clear.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 10:13:21 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Help me!!! ..please.......... :)
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hi. I'm stuck in New Zealand, and feel much alone.
(well that's not totally true - it is okay here....)
because...
There are only 3 Kate albums available in this country!!!
Isn't it abominable!

EMI are the record company responsible for this.( They are the distributors
here - I've never seen any Kate product thru Sony - only 'the man I love'
from Polygram), and the only albums that they are distributing throughout
the country at present are KI, Hol and TWS. Shocking!
AND......this has all happened withing the last 6 months!
I sell CD's in an averaged size town, and discovered that RS was no longer
available. In New Zealand. Then tSW was out.
O.K fine
How am I supposed to reveal Kate's music - severly underrated here - to
customers who are asking me for "that sort of thing"?????
And, even though I ask the EMI rep monthly - "anything coming from Kate??"
- for the last while it has been a big NO.
Thank goodness for Common Ground!!!
Okay - I've had my bitch.

When it comes down to it, and I stop being angry about record companies
controlling musical evolution within culture (Pheww!!), I'm just another
devout Kate fan, following her for the last 9 years, after discovering her
when 17 (to my parents horror......."What do you want to listen to that
screaming woman for??"....what did they know.........)and enjoying her to
the present day.

I heard hints that there may be something new coming??

If you know anything at all, and have managed to make it this far through
all the verball mudflow, please let me know.
		katya@clear.net.nz
Thankyou.

katya        x   x

"What am I singing