Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Heather Nova

From: Rolf.Peukert@Theoinf.TU-Ilmenau.DE (Rolf Peukert)
Date: Tue, 20 May 97 12:10:48 +0200
Subject: Re: Heather Nova
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Matthias Menk wrote:
> Hi Kate-Fans !
>
> I just found Heather Nova for me this week ! Isn't she great ?
> I like her "Glow stars"-CD very much. [...]

Definitely.
Her only other studio album is "Oyster", it's a bit more "produced"
but equally beautiful. Then there's the live album "Blow" which I
haven't heard yet, and some CD singles with extra live tracks,
esp. "Maybe An Angel" with six extra tracks (at least on some editions
of the CD-single). She also rereleased "The First Recording", an EP
with her first four songs, more acoustic/folky stuff (seen from Glowstars
it's the opposite of Oyster :-)
Also watch out for the "Rockpalast" reruns on WDR 3 TV, Heather appeared
on last year's Loreley festival.

S.Irani-lewis wrote:

> > PS I am currently listening to Cornflake Girl by Tori.  What a brilliant
> > singer/songwriter she is.
>
> You're just trying to start an arguement, aren't you :-D

no no, _this_ will start an argument:

Top Ten reasons why Heather Nova is better than Tori Amos:

10) Heather has a band
 9) Heather doesn't need a $50000 piano to make music
 8) Heather re-releases her very first album
 7) Heather does open air gigs
 6) Heather _can_ keep still while playing
 5) Heather's singles don't contain techno remixes
 4) Heather's version of I'm On Fire came first
 3) is better too
 2) Heather admits in public being influenced by Kate Bush
 1) Heather is a major babe

:) Rolf