Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Terminator Kate

From: heisjohn@juno.com
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 19:54:45 EDT
Subject: Re: Terminator Kate
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Dave Watkins wrote:
>Here's what you do to have Kate singing over the film.
>
>1) Get yer Terminator II film.
>
>2) Fast forward to the point when Sarah Connor has the dream about the
>nuclear explosion.  1:13:35 into the film (on my copy) - just when the
>dream sequene starts as she walks across the grass to the playground -
>press pause
>
>3) run "Breathing"
>
>4) Just after the 3:15 mark on the CD press play on the vid
>
>5) Let 'em both run and you have Kate singing perfectly in sequence
>with
>the destruction of the United States of America

I don't know what's worse:  the fact that you discovered this little gem
-- or the fact that I followed your little "recipe for disaster" to the
letter, and

*IT'S*  *REALLY*  *AWESOME*

The way that you have it timed so that the blast coincides with the first
guitar chord at 4:12 into the song really blew me away, so to speak :)

For you laser disc fans, the video sequence referenced above is Chapter
41: "Nuclear Nightmare", on side 2 of disc 1.

>Have Fun

I did!  (And I can't wait to show all my Kate-loving friends!  Oh yah --
I don't have any :) )

John