Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: love-hounds-digest Digest V13 #112

From: SHELLY RENEE WILLIAMSON <sr0willi@ouray.cudenver.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 09:48:28 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: Re: love-hounds-digest Digest V13 #112
To: love-hounds-digest-request@gryphon.com
Cc: love-hounds-digest@gryphon.com

OK -- what is this about Tori not being a rip off of Kate and about Tori
being better than Kate?!  First of all, if you have ever seen . . . I
think it is the Silent All the Years video where Tori is rolling around in
a wooden box -- just like Kate on the cover of the Kick in Side?  That is
one of the most blatant rip offs I've ever seen!  And Tori being better
than Kate . . . I don't think so.  I've been into Kate for a number of
years and have listened to every album incessantly.  I've also listened to
and enjoyed Tori.  But I can tell you . . . right now, I have completely
lost interest in the first two Tori albums.  And I have always had a hard
time listening to them the whole way through because frankly, some of the
songs just bore me. Boys I like more.  But Tori does not touch Kate.  No
way.  And you know, Kate can think of other things to sing about than
sex.  Tori seems a little stuck . . .

                                 Winona Righteous
				     *       *
				      *     *