Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Porn spamming

From: Mike Wade <mwade@oxfam.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 12:22:00 +0100
Subject: Porn spamming
To: "'Love Hounds'" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

Neal asked:

<<I seem to be getting several e-mails a week from porno-site spammers.
Since I don't recall doing anything on the internet to warrant this
attention, I am trying to decide which of two theorems is more correct:
1. Everyone with an internet ID is getting this crud, or
2. The title "love-hounds" of this list has attracted some unwarranted
   attention.
Any thoughts? >>

Nothing like that has come through this way, just a couple dodgy loan
offers.

Mike