Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Question for the moderator(s)

From: <gearnoise@VNET.IBM.COM>
Date: 14 May 1997 19:40:37 EDT
Subject: Question for the moderator(s)
To: <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

Considering prior problems, already mentioned in prior memos, I am
wondering the following:
1. Is there a list of already cleared internet IDs that are blessed
   with automatic (non-moderated) posting to the list?
   Reason I ask this is that posts from my normal (this) ID always seem
   to get to the newsgroup list within 48 hours, whilst the few posts
   I made from another took quite some time (read: weeks).
2. When the moderator(s) go(es) on holiday, etc., what happens to the
   list?  Might it not be better to un-moderate it for those periods
   rather than practically shut it down?
3. Would the moderator(s) and any other list problem-fixers please once
   again re-post their IDs?  This time I promise to save it, so maybe
   the next time the list seems to go on hiatus, I can just send a note
   there rather than to the list.

And, a question for everyone else on the list:

I seem to be getting several e-mails a week from porno-site spammers.
Since I don't recall doing anything on the internet to warrant this
attention, I am trying to decide which of two theorems is more correct:
1. Everyone with an internet ID is getting this crud, or
2. The title "love-hounds" of this list has attracted some unwarranted
   attention.

Any thoughts? (Of course I expect Karen N may come up with a totally
bizarre but upon reflection equally plausible 3rd theorem.....)

Neal Mulvenna   IBM Global Services, CLT, NC           __/__/T_ -- -
internet: gearnoise@vnet.ibm.com                      / /\ </\ \ --
CLT (704) 594-3546 Tuscaloosa (205) 507-3553..........\__/..\__/.......