Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A GEM OF A FIND TODAY

From: Velanche Lashawn Stewart <vstewart@polymail.cpunix.calpoly.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 23:07:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: A GEM OF A FIND TODAY
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hello:

It's been a very long time since I've posted on this newsgroup--rare as
it was back then--except for the sale of my Cathy Demos red vinyl (which,
I'm sure, the present owner is enjoying immensely).

Well today, I went into a CD store, and had found what is, perhaps, a
bootleg (never owned one before, but I'm sure it is). It's a CD called
"Cathy's Home Demos." Forgive me if it may be old news, but it is to me.

It has 29 tracks lasting about 75 minutes--the first 24 are from her home
demos back in 1975. It sounds as if they were lifted off vinyl and onto
DAT tape. You may hear a few pops here and there, but for the most part
this is quite, quite beautiful!

If anyone wishes more info on this, let me know. As I said, I had not
been here in awhile--so this *may* be old news (though the jacket said
"new" and "imported").

Regards,
Velanche Stewart

    V   E   L   A   N   C   H   E		S   T   E   W   A   R   T
                   California Polytechnic State University
                         San Luis Obispo, California
                          vstewart@oboe.calpoly.edu
                      http://www.calpoly.edu/~vstewart