Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Not a Top 5

From: Steve Berlin <stev0@zuni.likeminds.com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 23:50:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Not a Top 5
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

The annual "Top 10 Faves" thread popped up again, this time with
the clever variation of being "Top FIVE faves".

I thought I'd do something a bit different (of course), and name
not my top faves, or even least faves, but rather

TOP FIVE UNDER-RATED KATE MOMENTS (of pleasure):

These are things that do anything from make me smile to send
shivers down my back, but for some reason no one ever talks about.

5.  Kate's wonderful Marlene Dietrich (sp?) impersonation in
    "Coffee Homeground".
4.  In "The Big Sky" when she says, "tell 'em, sisters!"
3.  That ominous gong at the very end of "Hammer Horror"
2.  The "Yeah!" in the title cut of "The Red Shoes"
1.  Those very final bass notes in "Breathing" - probably the
    most chilling notes ever recorded.

- Stev0 the over-rated

"Don't you think a bass would work better than an accordian?"
  - Del, giving his two cents for "Breathing"