Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Politics

From: NEIL UTTING <n.utting@lancaster.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 4 May 1997 13:29:51 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Politics
To: LoveHounds <Love-Hounds@gryphon.com>

>From what I can remember from "The Sensual World" video, Kate said the
following regarding politics.....

"Politics are something that don't really interest me....it's action
isn't it? Doing things for people...I don't understand politics, I don't like
what I see of politics. I don't see politics doing any good for people. I
think I am an emotionally based person and when political issues reach me
emotionally, which is of course how we feel the hard end of them, that
would probably move me to write a song or something....but I wouldn't ever
write about politics....they're just not a part of me."

Well there you have it.....could someone please explain to me (justify to me)
not how labour got in, but the mystery of why she performed