Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

On the subject of top fives

From: Mike H <mikeh@bj-clark.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 20:47:56 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: On the subject of top fives
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Dear all,

So far I have only managed to take a peek at gaffa about once a month,
not enough, must do it more often -

I couldn't fail to notice the current number of top five lists, and it
gives me an idea. I'm sure I could concoct a program to create a overall
list of all-time faves, sorted in descending order, from these top 5
entries. There'll have to be some rules of course, e.g. individual songs
only, only one list each (difficult I know), and there'll have to be a
cut-off date. I think it would be genuinely interesting to see what
comes out on top at the end of it.

What do you think?

I'll have a go at trawling what I've got so far and see what's involved.

--
Mike H (UK)