Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

a reminder To the ficKle

From: IEDSRI@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 16:41:15 -0500 (EST)
Subject: a reminder To the ficKle
To: Love-Hounds@gryphon.com

 GBC writes:

 > we are being propelled by still discussing old stuff while the real source
of this Merchandise
 >  is Hiding(!)  The other thing that made me wonder this way is my recent
discovery that in 90
 >  after TSW she announced that she had a new album comming later that year,
and that she
 > was going to tour(!)  What do the lovehounds think?

To expand on Chris Williams's recent point re Kate's weight:  Kate *always*
withdraws from the public's view between albums; she *always* takes years to
put out an album; she *always*
says "we'd really like to tour soon!"; and she *always* suggests that her
next album will be ready long before it actually is.  There is no *new*
reason to decathect from Kate Bush now, because she has demonstrated the same
attitude and behavior since at least 1980.  This is
not to say a fan can't complain about it; only that there's no reason to be
surprised by it!

IED would just like to remind people that there is only one living person
capable of giving us a Kate Bush album.  Given the fact that, despite many
attempts by imitators, only one person on Earth has ever demonstrated the
capacity to create even one such album, isn't it a bit uncharitable to
complain that it takes her years to make one?

Besides, what is the alternative, after all?  *More* "Tori Amos"?

-- Andrew Marvick (IED)
    S               R                I