Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

quite bitching

From: "Brian J. Dillard" <dillardb@pilot.msu.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 13:30:18 -0300
Subject: quite bitching
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

what is with all the bitching? she will come out with a new album when
she is good and ready. in the mean time, we had the prince
collaboration, the common ground track and the billie holiday sculpture
in 1996 - pretty good for a "non-album" year. in 1994-5 we had the
singles (including b-sides and remixes), "the man i love," the release
of the tour of life on cd/videocassette double-pack, the video release
of TLTC&TC, and the fruitopia commercials. i would tend to say this has
been a pretty active "hiatus"-- far more active, i think, than the
hiatus between TSW and TRS. and at any rate, i prefer a long lag and a
big payoff at the end to a marketing-driven parade of substandard new
*product* every few months.
--
    Brian J. Dillard * mailto:dillardb@pilot.msu.edu
Relativity, the Music Webzine That Doesn't Discriminate