Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The elusive double grooved 12" single

From: "Michael & Jennifer Abusheery" <mika@ici.net>
Date: 23 Mar 1997 16:56:13 GMT
Subject: Re: The elusive double grooved 12" single
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I have the double grooved 12in., it is The Sensual World, UK release.  It
does not say anywhere on it that it is double groved. If you can look at
the record (if it's not shrink wrapped) you can look in the run-off area,
if you can find where the song runs off exactly 180 degree from there
another song runs off.  When you play it you get either the instrumental or
album version of The Sensual World.

If you can not open here's the infomation on the cover, The front is the
picture of Kate with sand running through her finger, 'The Sensual World -
Kate Bush' running down the right side in gold lettering.  The back from
the top 12EM 102, then the bar code 099920 349462, under the barcode
2034946, then the listing of songs 1 - The Sensual World; 2- The Sensual
World (Instrumental Version), Walk Straight Down The Middle.  The credit
stuff is also mentioned, but we all know that stuff by now.  Then the
credits for photography and design, then the EMI/Novercia copyright stuff
all dated 1989.  And that is it, nothing say made in England, except a
litttle white sticker, that HAD to be placed on the cover, not the plastic
bag it was sealed in (argument for another time).

Good luck, Hope this helps somewhat.
-Jennifer

Stephen Wiener <swiener@onramp.net> wrote in article
<3.0.1.32.19970318120528.00e1d8ac@mailhost.onramp.net>...