Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate backing vocals

From: Andy Wallace <andy@frenzied.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 01:21:56 +0000
Subject: Re: Kate backing vocals
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In Anders Hultman writes:
>Well, in fact Midge Ure was quite famous during the 80's as lead singer
>in the band "Ultravox", with hits like "Vienna" and "Dancing with tears
>in my eyes", but his solo records wasn't that big a success.

Well, "If I Was" (sorry about the grammar - his not mine) got to number
1 in the UK.  Ultravox never had a number 1 hit,  so one could argue he
was more successful.  I liked his duet with Kate.  I heard that they
never met to make the recording... just like "The Artist".
 Andy Wallace                      http://www.frenzied.demon.co.uk
 andy@frenzied.demon.co.uk         webmaster@frenzied.demon.co.uk