Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Favourite Kate songs

From: Albert Lust <Albert.Lust@nlzdmfsc.origin.nl>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 00:59:53 +0100
Subject: Favourite Kate songs
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

It was interesting to read what people named as their favourite song
from the Red Shoes album. Taste may be an individual thing, it is
still nice to see one's own opinions shared by other individuals.

I would find it even more interesting if we could choose our best
liked KT songs from all her material. My personal top-5 would be :

5) The man with the child in his eyes
4) Moments of pleasure
3) The infant kiss
2) Hello Earth
1) The kick inside

So - after 18 years this song is still my favourite. I doubt if it will
ever be surpassed. I only have to hear the first note on the piano and
I'm completely gone. I have read that Kate does not like to listen to
her early work anymore, because she finds her own singing too childlike.
In that sense I really think it a great shame that she performs live so
seldomly. Wouldn't it be fantastic to hear her play these great early
songs now that she has developed so much as a singer?

Albert