Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

katevangelization

From: meredith <meth@smoe.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 21:46:28 -0500
Subject: katevangelization
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi!

So this Party of Five using "This Woman's Work" thing.  I don't watch the
show myself, but a colleague worships it, and she's not familiar with
Kate's work at all, but she does know that she *loves* "TWW", ever since it
made her cry during _She's Having A Baby_ (that's the only good scene in
the whole damn movie, but I digress).

So she and I were talking about the show, and she mentioned the song, and
asked me if I knew who sang it.  Heh.  I loaned her my copy of _TSW_ the
next day, and she declared her undying love for the album two days later.
I don't know how the rest of Kate's catalogue will sit with her, but hey,
I'm gonna try!  :)

I haven't Katevangelized in a *long* time.  It felt good.

(Incidentally, said colleague was wondering if the placement of the song in
that particular episode of Party of Five would gain Kate any new fans.  She
said she knows quite a few people who *love* the song since its first
appearance in the movie, but never knew who did it.  Maybe it will appear
on the next Party of Five soundtrack???)

| Meredith Tarr                                              meth@smoe.org |
| Boonton, NJ USA                                http://www.smoe.org/~meth |
|       "I'll take implosion over dissolution any day" - Emily Bezar       |