Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Remix your own Kate songs?

From: Karen Newcombe <kln@staralliance.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 17:27:24 -0800
Subject: Remix your own Kate songs?
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Just saw this in Newsweek and thought "they must have made this for US!"

Check out March 10, 1997 Newsweek, Page 10:

"Mixing it Your Way -- Haven't you ever been at a dance club, listened to
the dee-jay's remix of your favourite song and wished that you could do
that too?  Now you can, thanks to Mixman ($39.95, 888-464-9626).  This
CD-Rom breaks a songdown into its component tracks -- drum, bass, snare,
special effects, lead and backup vocals -- then allows you to re-create the
song using the tracks you desire.  You can also control the tempo and
pitch, turning a regular song into a ponderous ambient groove or a
hopped-up jungle beat."

I see a new occupation for us at Katemas parties!!!

Karen

Karen Newcombe  kln@staralliance.com

I am not this steeply sloping hour in which you see me hurrying -- Rainer
Maria Rilke