Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Red Shoes

From: Ariusz Nowak <ariusz@byd.ternet.pl>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 22:51:29 -1
Subject: Re: Red Shoes
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Sender: owner-love-hounds

On Thu, 27 Feb 97 D.Plaister wrote:

>I'm interested to hear what people's favourite track is on The Red
>Shoes.  I think mine is Song of Solomon but it is quite hard to pick
>just one.  I think the one I dislike most is Big Stripey Lie.

I hesitate between Song Of Solomon and Lily as best tracks on that
album.
Big Stripey Lie is the song which took me the longest time to used to. I
think it's the strangest Kate's track but it has its own specific
atmosphere. On the other hand that song is the proof that Kate can sing
so many different ways on one album (compare BSL with Rubberband Girl!)
what makes her albums so interesting that we can listen to them for years
waiting for the next one and still find something worth discussing in
them. (Ooh, I just created the most complicated sentence in English in
my life - anyone understood what I meant ;-)

1997 - Kate's year!

Ariusz