Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kashka Is Gay!

From: "r.l.crane" <R.L.Crane@sheffield.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 17:27:45 +0000
Subject: Kashka Is Gay!
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

> From: D.Plaister@university-management.salford.ac.uk (D.Plaister)
> Date: Fri, 21 Feb 97 14:27:18 GMT
> Subject: Kashka from Baghdad
>
> Is this song about two homosexuals?

Well.......lets just say that when I first heard the track....shortly
after "Lionheart" was released.....I interpreted it as such.....

At the time, my sexuality was VERY much in question and the only
images of gay men  I'd ever seen were either vicious psychopaths,
hideously scarred (mentally and/or physically) or the limp wristed
John Inman types.....

 I felt like none of them......nor indeed wanted to be associated
with them......

Find a song Like "Kashka" by my favourite artist was a welcome
sight indeed......some one I cared about writing a song about two guys
dancing, laughing and loving together......can you imagine what a
revelation that was :-)

All I ever wanted......

One of a very select few records that have personally "spoken" to
me.......thanks Kate ;-)

Love ya!

Will.....xxx

Et In Arcadia Ego