Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Under the heading of "This may not be news to anyone.."

From: Ronald.Girardin@Dartmouth.EDU (Ronald Girardin)
Date: 03 Mar 97 19:54:56 EST
Subject: Re: Under the heading of "This may not be news to anyone.."
To: heffison@ionet.net (heff), rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

--- heff wrote:
> I just found
>out that the 12" vinyl single of Running Up That Hill is one of pop's
>rare instances of a three-sided record -- that is, there is a double
>groove on one side which plays different versions. At least it was in
>the UK -- my Australian copy doesn't have it.
>        Bigz in Bangkok.

     I don't understand...how can it play different versions?  Play at a
different speed?
   This may be worth hunting for.

--- end of quoted material ---
I think you're referring to the UK Sensual World 12" and not Running Up That
Hill.
Yes, it does have 2 grooves on side-A.  Depending on where the stylus falls,
you either get the regular version or the instrumental version.    This 12"
is quite easy to find.

BTW, I just got my new vinyl copy of The Kick Inside from the 100th anniversary
or EMI.  Anybody else have it yet?   Does anybody know how
many copies were pressed?

peace

ron