Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Under the heading of "This may not be news to anyone.."

From: bigz <bigz@nation.nationgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 21:38:57 +0000
Subject: Re: Under the heading of "This may not be news to anyone.."
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Johanna Shafer wrote:

>         On Hounds of Love, in Waking the Witch, at about 1:40 the bells
> *are* the same as those heard at the beginning of "The Sensual World,"
> aren't they?

	Not only that, Johanna, but the staccato-like pleadings in Watching You
Without Me (''listen to me baby, talk to me, listen to me,'' etc etc)
are from the beginning of Waking The Witch. I guess that's well-known
amongst the old hands, too.
	While we're on the subject of ''this may not be news ...'' (and indeed,
newcomers here should not be deterred from putting up such discoveries
... hell, where else can they discuss them if not here?), I just found
out that the 12" vinyl single of Running Up That Hill is one of pop's
rare instances of a three-sided record -- that is, there is a double
groove on one side which plays different versions. At least it was in
the UK -- my Australian copy doesn't have it.
	Bigz in Bangkok.