Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Muzak Kate!

From: ttuerff@primenet.com (Tom Tuerff)
Date: 25 Feb 1997 13:55:08 -0700
Subject: Re: Muzak Kate!
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <33121600.634D@nation.nationgroup.com>,
bigz@nation.nationgroup.com wrote:

>         Then again, she probably isn't too thrilled about the Muzak people
> bastardizing her song either.
>         Andrew Biggs

Don't kid yourself. A song can't be "muzakked" without the permission and
knowledge of the songwriter or copyright owner. And why wouldn't she want
songs that she wrote (I know she didn't write "Mna 'Ha Eirinn) to be
played on elevators, etc.? There's a lot of good money in that.

I swear to God I once heard a muzak version of "Canyons of Your Mind" by
the Bonzo Dog Band. Nobody ever believes me when I tell them that, but
it's true.

I'm listening to Hounds of Love right now. What a freakin' genius this woman is!

TT

(Incidentally, I've heard Running Up that Hill as muzak many times).