Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

More on Gaffa

From: Mike Wade <mwade@oxfam.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 97 10:29:00 G
Subject: More on Gaffa
To: Kate Bush Mail <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Encoding: 28 TEXT
Sender: owner-love-hounds

"Gaffa" tape is a strong "industrial" version of stickty tape, and is
traditionally used to keep the leads of all the various instruments/machines
used in music recording in place on the floor.  A nice example of Kate
working very ptactical aspects of her work into her lyrics. You can just see
her recording The Dreaming (the first album to be recorded largely at her
own home studio) with the bloody gaffa tape coming out of her ears. Are the
songs going anywhere? Does she still have a life in the outside world? Or is
she, literally, suspended in gaffa? One part "wanting to have it all". One
part seemingly in suspended animation.