Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Peter Hammill & Kate Bush: cover?

From: Rene Bos <renebos@xs4all.nl>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 21:43:31 +0100
Subject: Peter Hammill & Kate Bush: cover?
To: rec-music-gaffa@ncren.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hello All,

I'm a Peter Hammill "fan" -don't like that word- and on the ph7
newsgroup which
is on Peter Hammill (PH) a link -via Peter Gabriel- with Kate was
discussed:
(and I would particularly would like an answer to the KB-PH cover
question!!)

>Neil wrote:
> >Peter Gabriel can actually get it right.  He showed that with the
> >wonderful duet
> > with Kate Bush in *don't give up*.  So why did he miss the
> > opportunity a few times with PH ???

> On this I can't but remark that:
> 1) I like Kate (Never for Ever through Hounds of Love) very, very much
> (underrated by "serious music lovers" due to "success" (like G&C)
> 2) I DON'T like "don't give up"
> 3) No not PG&PH! Kate & PH: now THAT would be great (how about that
> rumour some years back that Kate would be doing a cover of PH?)

This thread was later followed:
> ON KATE:
> >On this I can't but remark that:
> >1) I like Kate (Never for Ever through Hounds of Love) very, very
> >much
> >(underrated by "serious music lovers" due to "success" (like
> > G&C)

> Oh, I agree, I like Kate very, very much too...especially in a
> t-shirt.
> But seriously, her stuff is worth paying for, but not too much now
> that she's using the likes of Prince (or Symbol or whatever) who does
> nothing but get in the bloody way.

Any reactions/answers from the Kate community?? -mainly on the KB-PH
cover stuff?
tanx

Rene Bos
e-mail: renebos@xs4all.nl