Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Peter Hammill

From: Rene Bos <renebos@xs4all.nl>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 22:27:05 +0100
Subject: Peter Hammill
To: Love Hounds <Love-Hounds@gryphon.com>
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hello All:

I'm both a Kate and a Peter Hammill "fan", and on the Peter Hammill (PH)
newsgroup ph7, the following link with Kate was discussed: -I'm
particularly interested in an answer to "Kate doing a PH - cover" !!

> Neil wrote:
> >Peter Gabriel can actually get it right.  He showed that with the
> >wonderful duet
> >with Kate Bush in *don't give up*.  So why did he miss the
> >opportunity a few times with PH ???

>On this I can't but remark that:
> 1) I like Kate (Never for Ever through Hounds of Love) very, very much
> (underrated by "serious music lovers" due to "success" (like G&C)
> 2) I DON'T like "don't give up"
> 3) No not PG&PH! Kate & PH: now THAT would be great (how about that
> rumour some years back that Kate would be doing a cover of PH?)

Later:

>ON KATE:
> >On this I can't but remark that:
> >1) I like Kate (Never for Ever through Hounds of Love) very, very
> >much
> >(underrated by "serious music lovers" due to "success" (like G&C)
> Oh, I agree, I like Kate very, very much too...especially in a
> t-shirt.
> But seriously, her stuff is worth paying for, but not too much now
> that
> she's using the likes of Prince (or Symbol or whatever) who does
> nothing but get in the bloody way.

Any comments/reactions/answers from the Kate community??
-mainly on Kate Doing a cover of Peter Hammill!
But all other PH related comments are welcome as well!!

Greetings, Rene
e-mail: renebos@xs4all.nl
http://www.xs4all.nl/~renebos