Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Readers' Questions Answered

From: Richard Bensam <rabensam@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 19:56:50 -0500
Subject: Readers' Questions Answered
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Paula asks:

>I'm looking for a good Kate web site or two - the only one I've been
>able to find is Linklog's.  Anyone know of any?

You might want to check out Gaffaweb at http://www.gryphon.com/gaffa --
this is the official web site of rec.music.gaffa and Love-Hounds.

Next, Jim De Carli asks:

>I've been a big fan of Kate's since 1980, with her release of "Hounds of
>Love". I quickly picked up her prior works and fell in love with
>"Suspended in Gaffa". Since then, I've never understood what gaffa was.
>Would someone please give me a hint? Thanks!

You'll never believe me, but it originally meant "grandfather."  I promise
you this is the truth.  Check out the FAQ provided on Gaffaweb, the
official web site of rec.music.gaffa and Love-Hounds, at
http://www.gryphon.com/gaffa -- I believe the "Gaffaweb Dictionary" section
also has an entry which discusses this.

Finally, D. Clement inquires:

>Hi. I need to locate Kate Bush the songwriter.  Can you help?

Fortunately, you aren't looking for Kate Bush the architect or Kate Bush
the marine biologist.  Couldn't help you there.  But according to Gaffaweb
(at http://www.gryphon.com/gaffa), the official web site of rec.music.gaffa
and Love-Hounds, the songwriting Kate Bush is English.  So at a guess,
she's somewhere in England.  Hope this helps!

RAB

Richard Bensam Home Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~rabensam/

Gaffaweb: A Tribute To Kate Bush And Her Fans
http://www.gryphon.com/gaffa/