Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Irish TV screens Delia Smith & Kate !!

From: "SEAN TWOMEY (ARCHAEOLOGY) PG" <twomeys@acadamh.ucd.ie>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 1997 20:17:47 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Irish TV screens Delia Smith & Kate !!
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hello all,

Well , guess who's been away for the last 2 months ?
I just had to sort out about 350+ love hounds emails ....
could only glance through them I'm afraid. The latest news seems to
be the following (did I miss much else?);
1) Kate's sculpture honouring Billie Holiday
2) The upcoming Special Edition of HoL
3) A teletext news item mentioning Rolf Harris and a "fun" project
involving film ??!!

Anyway, anyone who can bring me up to date on these ...much
appreciated . It seems that the old "Kate really is touring"
gag/rumour is doing the rounds ...awww ! With the growth of this
internet thing and more and more newbie Kate fans gatherin' round the
Gaffa-campfire ...is it really fair ? (snigger)

Some Irish news !A real blast from the past this time.
On the Sunday just before Christmas Day , RTE 1 television screened a
programme of Delia Smiths Cookery Course filmed in (I think), late
1979 and of course featuring Kate chatting to Delia about Vegetarian
cooking !!!
I had known about the existence of this programme and often wondered
about it . I was very lucky to grab a tape and record it . A 5 minute
slot was filmed with Kate and Delia sitting outside a very summery
East Wickham farm with a spread of foods in bowls & plates before
them . Kate was so charming and pleasant and shy and all the words
which always describe her !The food was prepared by her John Carders
wife (Kates' sister-in-law).
I recently found mention of Kate and 3 of her  recipes in the accompanying
Cookery course book in a friends house .....
Also , on the Satellite TV station NBC Superchannel last week there
was a feature on the show "The Ticket" about the launch of the
War-Child exhibition .Brian Eno, Bob Geldof and several others were
interviewed in the gallery but I only caught the end of this feature
and I definitely saw Kate in the background wearing a long light
brown coat "mingling" with a group of people !

Sean :-)
p.s. Can any other Irish fans on Lovehaounds please get in touch ?
It would be nice to chat . Also hello to Greg Gilligan !