Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Some one help me out?

From: "PICARD Arnaud" <picarda7@cti.ecp.fr>
Date: 1 Feb 1997 08:51:38 GMT
Subject: Re: Some one help me out?
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.univ-lyon1.fr
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Ronald Girardin wrote
> --- John M Shea wrote:
> Can someone Please tell me what Kate Bush is singing during Peter
> Gabriel's "Games without Frontiers".
> --- end of quoted material ---
> Kate sings: "Jeux sans frontieres"  which is
> french for "games without frontiers".
> BTW, Kate's accent is terrible.

It ain't that bad, considering that her voice had been mixed with two male
singers'. At least any French listener is still able to figure out what
she's talking about, which ain't particularly the case with her singing
other french tunes ("Ne t'enfuis pas" and "Un baiser d'enfant"). These two
ARE hard to understand without a hint about what their meaning actually
is...

Ciao,
Arnaud, glad to be back once more in a world of KaTe's fans.