Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "new" kate

From: Mike Holmes <mikeh@bj-clark.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 22:00:31 +0000
Subject: Re: "new" kate
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <32DBC90C.4F52@pilot.msu.edu>, "Brian J. Dillard"
<dillardb@pilot.msu.edu> writes
>Other love-hounds wrote:
>> > How many of you can honestly say that you don't hear something "new"
>> >each time you listen to a piece of Kate's work?
>
>>Indeed, each Kate Bush song is a gift, yet it is a *wrapped* gift that >is in
>need of constant unwrapping!  So hasten to your CD players, there >are surprises
>awaiting you all!

To duplicate a line I once wrote in a letter to Kate (about a year ago):

(typical explanation to [other] people who wonder what the continuing
fascination is):
'Whenever I buy a new Kate Bush album, I have to play it about 6 or 7
times, and then it's just starting to "go in" ...'

Note about TD: get it on tape so you can start & stop to transcribe the
whole lyrics. Takes about a day to do. The record sleeve blurb is
difficult to read & not exactly identical. The words in TD are very
important. If you haven't quite heard all the words while its playing,
you're seriously missing out.

--
Mike H 3C (UK)