Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: dali

From: ANGLTRED@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 03:17:46 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: dali
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

<< I can't help but think that there is some error with regard to the Cathy
 Demo song known as "Ferry Me Over" and, sometimes, referred to as "Dali."
 Could it be that, in the wild and wacky world of bootlegging, someone
 listening to the song might have thought that Kate was singing
 "Daaaaaa-liiiiiiiiii" when she was really singing
 "Daaaaaaar-liiiiiiiiiiing?"  I know that when singing "Warm and Soothing,"
 her "darling" sounds very much like "Dali," too, but we all know that it
 is, indeed, "darling."

 My humble opinion.  Thank you.

Listen to the rest of the words in the song.  It's no doubt "Dali" she is
saying.  You can't take on word and completely pull it out of context!

My humble opinion, from a drunken-state frame of mind,
~~~Samantha