Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Reaching Out

From: lane5@ix.netcom.com
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 21:33:57 -0800
Subject: Reaching Out
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking on and off for a while and finally felt compelled to step out of the shadows.  I am a Kate fan from way back, but have recently
found myself with a renewed fascination in  both the woman and her work.  I think that it was caused by a combination of finding Gaffaweb (to
everyone involved, brilliant! and thanks so much) and a bad case of "four year fever".  I am typing this, alone at my computer listening to "The Red
Shoes", and am reminded of  those many years ago sitting alone in my room at home listening to "The Kick Inside".  Anyone pick up on the
operative word in the last sentence?  Alone.

Which brings me to the point of these ramblings:  Is there now, or would anyone else be interested in starting, a regularly scheduled  love-hounds
irc channel?  Maybe #gaffa? Yeah, I know, chat channels tend to degenerate into a bunch of net potatoes with goofy nicknames shouting secret
code at one another (or have I been logging onto the wrong ones?).  I've spent all these years with this incredible, magical secret that gave me such
joy, but no one else seemed to care about.  Technology now allows me to sit in a virtual room with others who understand the feelings and
emotions that Kate can bring up inside of me.  I would love the opportunity to have some live conversations with fellow love hounds.  Anyone else
out there interested?  I'll even suggest the first topic:  "How did Kate Bush survive in the music business with only me buying her albums?"

 Who was it that said "Just saying it can even make it happen"?

Lane Stephenson
lane5@ix.netcom.com