Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Dali...

From: caduta@aol.com (Caduta)
Date: 21 Jan 1997 18:36:40 GMT
Subject: Dali...
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

I can't help but think that there is some error with regard to the Cathy
Demo song known as "Ferry Me Over" and, sometimes, referred to as "Dali."
Could it be that, in the wild and wacky world of bootlegging, someone
listening to the song might have thought that Kate was singing
"Daaaaaa-liiiiiiiiii" when she was really singing
"Daaaaaaar-liiiiiiiiiiing?"  I know that when singing "Warm and Soothing,"
her "darling" sounds very much like "Dali," too, but we all know that it
is, indeed, "darling."

My humble opinion.  Thank you.