Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: love-hounds-digest V1 #2

From: Doug <DColeman@why.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 15:43:00 -0600
Subject: Re: love-hounds-digest V1 #2
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

>Grifone :
> Sun, 12 Jan 1997 02:57:18 -0800
>
> do you have an opinion about Cathy's demo song? Which one you think is
> the greatest, almost as great as songs of her album.
> I put a new topic here because for many days, we don't have any new
> topic, everyday is just thesame : left-hand drive, six degree of Kevin
> Bacon, Love-hound digest......
> Anyway, thank you very much, bye

Glad to see new threads show up...or old ones revisited. HOWEVER, I just
finished reading 2 dozen digest newsletters leftover from before the
start of the holidays. I was SO VERY GLAD that there short and
interesting topics to read. If the digests were long (i.e. 20-30 entries
each), I would not have been able to read them all. Until I saw the Jack
Nicholson-A Few Good Men connection, I would not have believed you could
get from Kate to Kevin in 3 steps! Is this "for real" or am i missing a
joke?

> Subject: Alan Parsons
>
> In autumn 1996 Alan Parsons made a guest appearance in Viva II's show
>  [sorry, snip] ...His introduction for Wuthering Heights:
>
> "Back in the early days of the Alan Parsons Project I remember
> David Gilmour from Pink Floyd walking in with a young lass
> who can't have been more than about 16 or 17 years old at that
> time. Her name was Katie Bush, as she was referred to then, and
> she was about to make an album with another colleague of mine,
> Andrew Powell, who over the years has done the orchestral
> arrangements for the Alan Parsons Project albums.
> And he played me her first album when it was finished, back at
> my house, must have been the late 70s I suppose. And I heard
> this next song and said, "you've got a smash on your hands",
> and of course it was true. And it launched the career of Kate
> Bush: Wuthering Heights."

ONE Hero introduces another!!!!!

--DOUG