Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Waking the Which

From: Graham Dombkins <gaffa@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 97 16:25:10 +1100
Subject: Re: Waking the Which
To: "lovehounds" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Sender: owner-love-hounds

G'day all,

>From: gearnoise@VNET.IBM.COM
>In a post about "Which Demo???", Julian Shaw wrote:
>
>> Picking a favourite, for me, is easy, because "Dali" (a.k.a. "Ferry Me
>> Over") sent shivers down my spine when I first heard it .......
>
>This brought to mind something I've been trying to express since last
>summer, when I paid a visit to the Salvador Dali art museum in St.
>Petersburg, Florida.  As I walked in, around and through the building
>I kept thinking of Kate and that somehow the way she approaches her art
>is more like that of a "fine" artist, especially a Dali, than that of,
>definitely, a performing artist, or a typical songwriter  I did not know
>until I read the posts today that Dali was an alternate title for Ferry
>Me Over, and I was happy to find out that there is evidently some connection
>between Kate and Dali beyond what has existed in my mind for the last
>seven months.  Don't know why, but the two seem to have more in common
>than Kate and most/all music composers.

All this discussion about life reminding you about KaTe (or should that
be KaTe reminds you about life) ;-)  Recently, you may heard of the
rescue of various solo yachtsman from the Great Southern Ocean off
Australia's West Coast. During the whole time this was going on I started
to play HoL The Ninth Wave almost to the exclusion to anything else. What
those guys must have gone through.. I think TNW was very apt.

            \___/

<mailto:gaffa@ozemail.com.au>
<http://www.ozemail.com.au/~gaffa>
"one day my keyboard will learn how to spell!"