Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KT Speakers

From: jehovah@suntzu.com (Cato)
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 01:12:07 GMT
Subject: Re: KT Speakers
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

On 21 Dec 1996 22:34:02 -0500, chris@bohr.numeca.be (Chris Verret)
wrote:

>Just replaced my old turntable with a decent CD hifi system (NAD).
>I did not yet decide which speakers to buy, but of course they will
>have to be optimized for KT music :)
>
>What characteristics should I take into account ?
>E.g. good tweeter/trebble ?
>
>Anyone got suggestions for quality speakers preferably around 300$ ?

Chris,

I urge you to try and stretch that budget a little more!  $300 equals
about 20 CD's, right?  In my experience an extra $200 will put you
into a realm with some really great speakers.

kate sounds great on my Boston Acoustics, but they're 10 years old,
and I'm not familiar with their line any more.  Mainly, because I'm in
the market for Klipsch.  IMHO, they are absolutely the best speakers
for the kind of recordings KB does.  I have never met anyone who had
these who regretted buying them.

Mark