Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

better can't make your life better

From: "Sawyer, Keith" <keith.sawyer@FMR.Com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 15:36:00 -0500
Subject: better can't make your life better
To: Love-Hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

wrobinson@cbc.tpp.com writes:

>That was uttered by Rik from "The Young Ones."
>Excuse me, but wasn't the correct spelling of Rik with a silent P?

You're remembering the episode "Bambi," where they go on University
Challenge (or some kind of college quiz show) and Vyvian alters Rik's
nametag, so that the host (Bambi) calls him 'Prick.'  One of my
favorites!  "You know the posh kids always win."

Natalie writes:

>a couple of weeks ago i bought The Single File" video at Tower
>Records at 4th street & broadway in the village for $17.99. They had
>about 10 more copies of it.  By the way, the person who served me at
>the register made fun of KaTe, the swine.  Don't worry, I yelled at
>the moron ;-)

I've always found Tower employees to be completely unenthusiastic about
whatever it is I'm purchasing.  However, if you take a short walk down
to St. Mark's St. and visit Sounds or Venus Records (or Mondo Kim's,
though I haven't been 'harassed' there yet) and you're likely to get a
response!

My taste in music is tepid,
keith