Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Robbing Peter to pay Peter

From: IEDSRI@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 00:10:36 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Robbing Peter to pay Peter
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Peter Manchester writes:

 > ". . . somehow--more palpably than faith, more solidly than
 > hope, more conclusively than reason -- "I just know that
 > something good is going to happen!"

Coming back from a long absence and finding at last the time to review the
past three weeks' Love-Hounds Digests, IED was heartened to read so many fine
expressions of enthusiasm, even devotion during his absence.  A  particular
source of pleasure was the much appreciated note from our so long silent
Peter Manchester, whose remarks always set just the right tone.  (IED was
less happy to hear that Peter had come and gone this way without looking up
his companions, although he can understand how a trip to St. Helena -- home
of some of the most luscious grogs on earth -- might have to take precedence
in a tight schedule.)

IED wants to take a moment to wish everyone a very happy new year, and to
promise to keep up to date on his e-mail with you all.  Also, a special word
of sincere apology to Dean Peter FitzGerald-Morris, whom IED has once again
let down.  At last he is back at the writing tablet, and will soon be able to
submit a bit of text to Peter's forever wonderful Urschrift.  Very best of
luck with round three, friends.

-- Andrew Marvick (IED)
     S              R             I