Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Nigel Kennedy

From: Rolf.Peukert@Theoinf.TU-Ilmenau.DE (Rolf Peukert)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 97 09:53:20 +0100
Subject: Nigel Kennedy
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In September 1996 Nigel Kennedy made a guest appearance in Viva II's
show "Geschmacksache" (a matter of taste). He selected ten videos by
other artists and played two of his own tracks live, accompanied on
acoustic guitar by John Etheridge (ex Soft Machine).
His playlist:

Jimi Hendrix             Hey Joe
Miles Davis              Tutu(-Medley)
Nigel Kennedy            Autumn Regrets (live)
Led Zeppelin             Communication Breakdown
Oasis                    Wonderwall
Stephen Duffy            Natalie
Kate Bush                Hounds Of Love
Herbie Hancock & CHJB    Call It '94
Wendy & Lisa             This Is The Life
Peter Gabriel            Sledgehammer
The Beatles              Help!
Nigel Kennedy            Melody In The Wind (live)

"... another musician who I really admire and was lucky to meet quite
a long time ago is Kate Bush. I've played a bit of violin on a few of
her songs. And what I love about her is that, you know, she's just
like a normal person, she doesn't behave like a huge star, she doesn't
have monster limos and doesn't tell everyone to piss off all the time
like what most rock stars have to do to be taken seriously. She's a cool
person, and like - I don't know what track we're gonna play of hers -
but, yeah, she's an inspirational musician.
I go in there, put down some music revers[?] and just suddenly
it seems when we're making music that the vibe[?] comes right in,
but when we stop playing she's just like "do you wanna cup of tea, mate?",
that type of thing, which is a very profound statement to hear and
something which always goes to my heart, [raises his cup of tea] well,
she goes to my digestive system and plays havoc probably.
Anyway, here's something from Hounds Of Love, by Kate Bush."

this transcription should be taken with a grain of salt more than usual.

ciao,
Rolf