Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

paula cole

From: Jon Haverman <haves@en.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 20:18:19 -0500 (EST)
Subject: paula cole
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

>From: pdCampbell@goodyear.com (pDaleCampbell)
>Subject: KT reference

>The 1996-12-30 issue of the Akron (Ohio) Beacon Journal had
>a review by David Sowd of a concert in Cleveland by
>Barenaked Ladies.  In regard to the opening act, he had this
>to say:
>
>> Paula Cole, a slinky singer-songwriter whose art-rock
>> vocal idiosyncrasies -- sudden octave leaps, chilling
>> screams, etc. -- bear some resemblance to those of
>> Kate Bush and Tori Amos, opened the evening with a
>> fine 40-minute set.

I work concert security as a side to my 'normal' job, and I worked
this show. I was bumming at the thought of having to 'bear' through my
fifth Barenaked Ladies show in about 18 months. For some reason
they love this Canadian(Canadien) band here in Cleveland. When the
oppenner appeared I was actually glad to be on the floor, as this young
lady once did Kate's music proud. She accompanied Peter
Gabriel on his last solo tour, and was the Kate during "Don't Give Up"
part of Peter's set. I saw Mr. Sowd at the show, and I should have
told him that, of course, he should have known that right?