Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

re: Left-hand Drive

From: "He Is John" <heisjohn@gate.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 23:11:22 -0500
Subject: re: Left-hand Drive
To: "Love Hounds" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Craig Heath wrote:
>Wouldn't she have used a left-hand drive car simply because SHAB is set in
>the US?

SHAB is set in the US, but I don't think that necessarily means the vid is
set there as well.  To my knowledge, the song wasn't written specifically
for the film -- and the video clearly has nothing to do with it -- so I
don't see how right or left-hand drive has any real connection with SHAB.
Anyone else??

wcben wrote:
>do you mean that shot couldn't have been completed from right to left
>instead of left to right?

>my original thaught when I started this whole thing was that whoever
>constructed the set ( I'm sure it's not actually a car ) instinctively(or
>out of habit) made the car LHD which I thaught would be a stretch for
>someone in the UK where the vehicles are RHD.

It *IS* a real car.  Take a look at the interview clips on the Sensual
World Video:  it's real, it's left-hand drive, and the video was shot left
to right -- but I have no idea WHERE!

John