Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: cover art

From: Matt Humphrey <stock@capital.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 21:29:35 +0000
Subject: Re: cover art
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

My personal theory on the cover art of The Red Shoes album--and I'm
sure this will be controversial--is that it features the feet instead
of a Kate facial picture because it is called The Red Shoes (get it,
shoes)  just as the Hounds of Love featured Kate in bed with two dogs
(get it hounds, love).  But this is my opinion, and is in no way
authoritative.

Also, in reference to the posts about dreaming of a future Kate album
. . . . a few years ago, well before the Sensual World was released, I
dreamed about a Kate cassette called "From the Heart".  What's
interesting is that I never got to see the cover art or anything, but
I did see the tape itself, and it was on the Columbia label. Hmmm.

Matt  (aka "Stock")

http://www.capital.net/users/stock/

"Every old sock meets an old shoe." --Kate's mum