Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Last night I dreamt I saw Kate's new album ....

From: Nic Ford <106503.760@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 16:04:39 -0500
Subject: Last night I dreamt I saw Kate's new album ....
To: "INTERNET:love-hounds@gryphon.com" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Sender: owner-love-hounds

This has happened several times.  It's possibly a combination of extreme
wish fulfilment and logging on the lovehounds everday!

The other night I dreamt I saw the first single of the new album.  I can't
remember what it was called but the second track was an orchestral one by
someone else called "Mimosa".  There was a third track but again, I don't
remember what is was!  I have a vague notion that I was having a
conversation with Kate about it and then it all switched to a video of the
"Mimosa" track, which for some reason, was the one that radio and tv were
playing.  Don't you hate it when the dream is so real and intense at the
time but exists only in fragments in the cold light of day!

Can anyone tell me what this means?  Is it wish fulfillment combined with a
hardened sense of reality, i.e. that the new album is a long way off?  Will
Kate retreat even further into her "world" and produce an album of other
people's songs and performances only ....  Better still, has anyone else
experienced dreams like this?

Oh, and Merry Katemas everybody!

Yours, hoping, waiting, despairing ... !

Wendy