Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cover Artwork

From: "Layton, Laszlo" <LAYTONL@spp11.msmail.spe.sony.COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 96 12:54:00 PST
Subject: Cover Artwork
To: love-hounds <love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu>
Encoding: 19 TEXT
Sender: owner-love-hounds

>years of her career.  I have just realized that The Red Shoes is the
>first album not to feature a likeness of Kate on the cover!  (Okay,
>Never Forever had that fantasy artwork, but the female figure is
>obviously a representation of Kate.  There are several different
>covers for the Kick Inside in several countries, but the "official"
>one from the Uk and every one I've personally seen has had a picture
>or depiction of Her Kateness).

In my observation, this seems to be the trend now, in general.  The art
direction for album and CD packages (and in particular, CD singles) seems to
be by a new younger generation who utilize more creativity in the artwork,
rather than simply sticking another picture of the artist on the package.
 Just look at the array of CD singles--it's like looking at an art gallery.
 I think it's a welcome change.

Laszlo
"I want a mouth like a crimson gash!"