Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: Love-Hounds digest V12 #390

From: MCQUARRF@ucfv.bc.ca
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 12:10:46 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: Love-Hounds digest V12 #390
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
CC: MCQUARRF@ucfv.bc.ca
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Re whining: what do you mean Kate doesn't whine? why, just last night, I
watched Beavis and Butt-head commenting on "Love and Anger" and they said "WHen
is this chick going to stop whining?" ;)

Re witchiness: the comment from the author comparing Debbie Harry and Kate and
the story of how everyone watching the TV show yelled "burn the witch!".....
this was really odd to me, because I was travelling in England around that same
time, and when I played "Wuthering Heights" on a pub jukebox in a little
Scottish town, one of the people I was travelling with (a Scot) said "She's a
witch, isn't she?" (not joking). Despite our current discussions re Lily, etc.,
does anyone recall if there were in fact stories in the British media about
that time saying that Kate was a witch?

Cheers, Fiona